Building and Architecture News
- The future of construction: new materials and technologies
More than 2,000 materials are used in state-of-the-art construction these days - and it is sometimes hard to work out what the underlying products are. However, what are the materials of the future? How do they differ from traditional materials? To answer that question, we review some of the most fascinating and promising developments.
- BIM: time for everyone to make the switch! And what is all the fuss about?
According to Kirill Varlamov, Director of the Internet Initiatives Development Fund: “If enterprises (whatever they do) are not “digitised”, ten years from now they will no longer exist as a business.
- Acoustic Wood Wool Cement Boards: excellent sound insulation and fire-resistance.
For sure, one of the key aspects that affect the comfort of the room is acoustics. A comfortable and favorable acoustic atmosphere can be achieved by using acoustic panels that have excellent sound absorption.
- Railroad inside a residential building — fiction or reality?
A railway station inside a residential building – are we talking science fiction? Not at all.
- Energy-efficient house for a hobbit
At first glance these little houses may look like amusing toys. However, the Spanish manufacturer of the houses, Green Magic Homes Productive, sells them in more than 50 countries.