WorldBuild Moscow / MosBuild 2018: The new reality — 3D technologies and robots in the construction industry
The round table “How the construction industry will change using 3D technologies and robots” will take place on 4 April (13:35 - 14:55) in the conference hall of pavilion 8 as part of the conference “Trends in architecture and building technologies”. The moderators of the event will be Irina Safonova, teacher at the MARCH Architecture School, curator of PRO intensive courses Digital Production and Algorithmic Design. The participants of the round table include: Ruben Arakelyan, co-founder and partner of the architectural bureau WALL; Alexander Maslov, chief designer and general director of Group of Companies AMT-Specavia; Alexandre Dubor, digital production expert and representative of the Institute for Advance Architecture of Catalonia; Maxim Malein, architect, visiting lecturer at the MARCH Architecture School, and computer design specialist; Milan Stamenkovich, Principal Architect of the bureau Tsimailo Lyashenko and Partners, and teacher at MARCH Architectural School and MArchl Moscow Architectural Institute.
As part of the conference “Trends in architecture and construction”, which will take place on 4 April, the participants of the round table will discuss the key issues that have arisen in the world of digital reality:
1. There are numerous digital production and robotics technologies – which ones are most promising and effective?
2. Digital production is frequently only considered as a tool to be used to attain a goal, and not as a method enabling you to identify new opportunities. The speakers will share their personal experience of alternative uses of digital production.
3. Certain specialists hold that 3D printing is labour-consuming in conventional production and that it is only worthwhile using 3D printing in exceptional circumstances, for example, in outer space. Conference participants will discuss the opportunities for using 3D printing in architecture
4. Architecture and interactive media: robots instead of specialists and services – utopia or reality?
The speakers at the round table include Alexandre Dubor – an architect studying the potential use of the new technologies to improve living standards in cities. Since 2012 he has worked at the French Institute IAAC as an expert on digital and robotic production. Today Alexandre Dubor supervises the Open Thesis Fabrication programme, and also the Master’s programme at IAAC related to robotic production. His work is dedicated to research into industrial processes: how to create in cities a better construction “ecosystem” and also a more practical, accessible, environmental and personalised habitat.
Don’t forget! The round table “How the construction industry will change, using 3D technologies and robots” will be held on 4 April (13:35 - 14:55) in the conference hall (Pavilion 8). You must come!
To visit WorldBuild Moscow/MosBuild 2018, pick up your free ticket, using the promo code wbm18WB365!
We look forward to seeing you at the show!
Photos from the site qz.com, korak.com.hrNext Article :
WorldBuild Awards: category “Floor Coverings”
In the category “Floor Coverings” leading manufacturers and suppliers entered applications for the WorldBuild Awards.
News You May Be Interested In
- International Façades 360° Forum launches for architects and planners
- The future today: do we need people if robots can do everything?
- Call for interior designers at the Bathroom Biennale
- 7 Neomid products pick up e3Awards