- Finnish firm kick starts open-source wood design with worldwide initiative
Steel and concrete dominate global construction, and Finland's Metsä Wood thinks that isn't good enough. That's why it is kicking off the Open Source Wood Initiative to bring large-scale timber construction into the 21st Century.
- RIBA announces the best new UK buildings of 2017
The 2017 RIBA National Award winners have been announced. Check out all 49 winning buildings here as we celebrate the best in new British architecture.
- Moscow home blends wood and stone
Architecture loves a trend and one of the biggest in recent memory is the resurgence of timber as a decorative material. Monoloko, a Moscow-based architectural studio, has explored this hot topic in a private country home outside in Borki, a small country community near Moscow city.
- Bosch HVAC sales grow steadily in Russia, Ukraine and CIS
International giant Bosch has announced encouraging growth in Ukraine’s energy and building technology sector – showing the market is back on its feet. Performance in Russia and Kazakhstan was also solid.
- Project of the Week: MahaNakhon, Bangkok, Thailand, Buro Ole Scheeren
Ole Scheeren, former partner at OMA, has been at the forefront of architectural design for over 20 years – a trend continued by his design for the iconic MahaNakhon in Bangkok, Thailand. We check out this unique skyscraper in this instalment of Project of the Week